Frequently Asked Questions
Covid-19 & Hotel FAQ
Update Covid-19 / Coronavirus
Dear guests, colleagues, friends - your safety is our priority. We are already among the Top-3 hotels for the quality of cleaning on TripAdvisor and Booking.com and we are improving the cleaning and sanitization procedures even more. We have taken different measures to ensure greater safety for all.
1. Hand gel and masks are available free of charge in different areas of the hotel (front desk, hall, rooms) for our guests and staff.
2. The Street Milano Duomo is a boutique hotel with only 8 rooms and suites that occupy the whole building of 5 floors, which guarantees the privacy and extra safety of our guests.
3. We only use professional cleaning products and we have introduced new products (which contain over 70% of alcohol) to guarantee the correct cleaning and sanification of all spaces. Remember, cleaning and sanitizing is not the same thing - if the object visually looks clean, it does not mean that it actually is. We have various professional products for each type of surface.
4. It is possible to order breakfast in the room without any additional cost for the room service, and we have also stipulated agreements with the companies of delivery food in order to facilitate the delivery of lunch and dinner in the room. You can enjoy your breakfast lunch and dinner in your room or on our rooftop terrace (there is space both indoors with heating/air conditioning and space outdoors).
5. We have increased the frequency of the cleaning in the common areas, with particular attention to the front desk, lift and buttons inside of it, door handles, public toilets and room keys.
6. We have removed any kind of time limit during the cleaning of the rooms - the housekeeping staff will spend all the necessary time in order to guarantee the correct cleaning and sanitization of your room.
7. It is possible to access your room without passing through the front desk area (located on the 3th floor of the hotel), avoiding in that way the hotel most frequented areas.
8. We do not rely on staff outsourcing - we have our fixed internal and professionally trained team, we are convinced that only in this way we can offer the best standards of hygiene and cleanliness, without outsourcing (as many hotels in Milan do in order to save costs).
9. All staff is reminded that hygiene and cleaning begins with simple actions such as hand hygiene and maintaining the safety distance.
10. During the check-in process, only one guest (more in case of a family) at the time is allowed to be at the front desk. It is also possible to do the check-in in advance before your arrival if you can provide us your personal ID documents, so when you arrive in the hotel you can proceed directly to to your room.
CLEANING AND HYGIENE.
Q: Do you have carpets in the rooms?
A: No, we do not have carpets in the rooms. We only have wooden floor all rooms, ceramic floor in the bathrooms and stone floor in common areas.
Q: Do you have bathtubs?
A: No, we only have spacious shower boxes in each room.
Q: Do you put comforters, plaids, colourful pillows on the beds?
A: No, we do not use comforters, plaids, colourful pillows anywhere in the hotel. They look cool but are not so hygienic.
Q: Do you have bathtubs?
A: No, we only have spacious shower boxes in each room & suite.
Q: Do you have cleaning quality certificates?
A: We have UNI EN 14065:2016 for linens, towels and other laundry items and ISO 9001:2015 for quality control from our suppliers.
Q: How many rooms are there per floor?
A: We have totally 8 rooms in the hotel, and each floor has from 1 till 4 rooms/suites of different size.
Q: Do you have fixed housekeeping staff? Do you outsource your housekeeing department
A: We do not outsource our housekeeping staff (like many other hotels do in order to reduce their costs). We have a fixed professional team that has a proper training and we believe that it is the only way to guarantee the best hygiene and sanifications.
Q: What kind of cleaning products do you use?
A: We use only professional cleaning products and we have added new products (that contain more than 70% of alcohol) that guarantee perfect cleaning and disinfection of all surfaces.
Only if you book directly with us, you will have the most flexible cancellation policy and booking conditions with free cancellation and payment during the check-in.
We offer various types of cancellation policy:
- Ultra-flexible policy with free cancellation till your arrival in the hotel and the payment during the check-in
- Flexible policy with free cancellation 1 day before the arrival date and the payment during the check-in
- Discounted rate with free cancellation 30 days before the arrival date and the payment during the check-in
The following cancellation policy applies only if you book directly with our hotel and you cannot find it anywhere else (you can book on our website www.thestreetmilano.com, by phone +39-0236765691 or email email@example.com). If you booked through online travel agents, third-party websites or other third-party travel professionals, please contact them for information on their policies. All the abovementioned cancellation policy applies to all reservations made after the 1st of March 2020. If you made the reservation before that date, please consider the reservation as specified during the confirmation of your booking. To have more information, please check the booking dates directly on our website where you will be able to see more information about cancellation policies that match your needs.